We had a great relaxing but productive weekend! The trend of the weekend was diapers/ undies, I don't think those two had real clothes on for more than 2hours this whole weekend. A sign of good times if you ask me. Other than the weekend apparel, Devo got spayed, kids scored at a garage sale and house work got completed, we did have one small adventure......the boys got locked in the house by themselves for about 20min....all is well now :)
Ok, so the week was busy and the boys did some great art with Mrs. Lauren and took lots of field trips to various places. Rob and I worked but it was a great week all together, Rob didn't travel this week so we had 5 straight nights of family dinners and breakfasts.
When the weekend came around we didn't mean for it to be such a lazy diaper wearing thing it just happened. We started each day with Breakfast upstairs and cartoons (always a treat), the two hours the boys were actually dressed was for a quick trip to Lowe's and a garage sale. We got new door knobs (we are down to one key and since the locks are so old the new ones we have had made do not work) and paint. The garage sale was meant to be a "drive by" but when the perfect set of little boy golf clubs was spotted Rob was out of the car and in negotiation mode. We came home with a Dancing Elmo doll and of course the clubs and bag. B's first golf game is on the horizon. By the way, and all joking aside, he is REALLY good, he is a lefty (playing with right handed clubs) but he is REALLY good. After the outing the boys came home for a nap and got back down to their skibbies almost immediately. Rob changed all the door fixtures while I power washed the front and back patio areas as well as the deck.
Sunday was Diaper Dance party, haircuts for both the boys, Pool party with a neighbor at our house and more work for mom and dad.
As for the adventure......Rob was golfing in the morning and I went out to stain the deck while it was still cool, the boys were in the living room finishing their morning cartoons and playing (I was checking on them every 5 minutes or so). .... Well I went to check on them at one point and the door was locked (remember these door knobs and locks are less than 24hrs old so a new toy in the eyes of some). B had come to the door and locked the deadbolt as well as the door knob. I start talking to him through the door and asking him to let me in.. he could get the deadbolt no prob but for some reason he did not understand what I need him to do to the door handle. We are working on this together through the door for about 10 min when I go to check the front door and windows....no luck. I go back to the back door and now the boys are playing Hokie Pokie with Elmo and are choosing not to return to the task at hand....I am outside a nervous wreck and they are having a Hokie Pokie party. My phone is inside with Everything!! of value...BOYS. I run to a neighbors to use a cell phone, no luck reaching Rob. When I get home.. it occurs to me that the front door only had a deadbolt and B seems to have no problem with those...so after 5min of knocking, a few rings of the door bell and a final threat of an early nap Braydon leaves the dance party to come and open the door. First try...no problems and with a look of "can I get back to Elmo now mom" I was in, the neighbors went home and Rob called in a panic from the course to see if he needed to run home.
Nice Sundday.
On a much cheerier note and a string of hope for us. Our neighbor listed her house last Sat and within a week had three offers, 2 cash. Keep your fingers crossed.
Devo is not quite on the fast track to recovery and it is to be given first attention tomorrow AM when the vet opens. She got spayed on Fri morning and came home Fri night she has since stopped eating and is staining our carpets at every opportunity. Their are babygates up in this house in such a way you would think we were babysitting for sextuplets! Lets all wish her and her bowles a QUICK recovery.
New baby is doing great, Rob and I went to the Dr. last Friday and we got to see the new peanut on the screen and see the heart beat. Still no sign of girl or boy but it was really great to see it was doing so well!
Miss you all and cant wait to see everyone.
Moment of the week: Devo laying down acting sooo pitiful that Braydon brought a bowl of rice and eggs to her and hand fed her for about 10minutes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment