My Grocery Helper

My Grocery Helper

Ready to cheer for our little racer!

Ready to cheer for our little racer!

Movie time, snuggle up!

Movie time, snuggle up!

B did great!!!!

B did great!!!!

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

1year old!

We have no more infants in the house!! Only boys!!!! I cant believe where the time has gone and that all my boys are so big!

Austin celebrated his first birthday this weekend with much support from his older brothers. Braydon and Caleb were so excited they had a count down from 10days out! When the big day arrived they were eager to help set up, put juice boxes away, help make veggie platters and so much more. Just about the time the kids were about to arrive B and Caleb went out front to wait for them. Braydon somehow convinced Caleb to sit in the bench under our big front window and play catch with golf balls.
As you can imagine it didn't take long (the first golf ball thrown) for a golf ball to go right through the front window! The windows are old single pane and the amount of shatter was IMPRESSIVE! Balloons on the wall pooped, the couch was covered, the floor shown as if we had spilled a bottle of glitter. 20min of vacuuming while people showed up and we were back up and running! After that the party took off without a hitch! The boys had a blast!!!

Since then the boys have been playing with all the new toys! The biggest hit was a pull behind dog they have named Arffy. He now has his own dog bed, gets walked more than our dogs could dream of and gets pet constantly (it doesn't even have fur just plastic). The other big hit was a bathtub boat that is surprisingly similar to what Rob had as a kid! A captain, boat, fishing pole, life saver etc.

We had a new and disgusting experience with Austin this AM. He was crawling around and I noticed a small black ball in his mouth (who knows where these things come from was my thought) so I make it over to him, fish it out and examine, decipher its origins and see which of the older boys was gonna get an ear full for leaving small toys around. As I look close I am confused, I push on it ....it kinda cracks....and then POW! the stench!!! It was immediately clear that he had been sucking on a dingle berry (from a dog of course)!!!! DISGUSTING!!!!!!!! After choking down the vomit in my throat, everything/everyone got scrubbed! GROSSS!!!1

So this is what living with 4boys is like...broken windows and poop!

1 comment:

  1. mo, that story has cracked Jason and I up so much. I can't stop thinking about the (eeewwww!) dingleberries.

    Lordy lady, you handled that better than I probably will when it happens to my little boy!

    xoxo, cyndy
    fresheggsandlaundry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete