My Grocery Helper

My Grocery Helper

Ready to cheer for our little racer!

Ready to cheer for our little racer!

Movie time, snuggle up!

Movie time, snuggle up!

B did great!!!!

B did great!!!!

Saturday, August 11, 2012

The boys this week

I am a lucky woman to have four great men in my house! And all four of them have their own personalities!! I will leave Rob out of this conversation because it is a blog about the boys but we all know how amazing he is and how wonderfully he provides for our family! So that will have me starting with the next oldest. Braydon! This kid is so fun to be around, he is always willing to help out with his brothers, this morning Caleb couldn't pour the full milk jug and B was right there saying "I can help you Caleb". He takes mental notes on everything that happens in his life, you may think something went unnoticed but not if B is around. Rob and I are putting his to bed the other night and he says "mom, are you guys gonna stay up?" me- "Yes B we are". B- "Can I stay up too?" me- "nope, sorry. When you are 30years old like me and Dad you can stay up late and watch TV". B- "well probably more like when I am 11years old". Me- "why 11years?" B- "Cause cousin Molly (who had visited months ago) got to stay up with you and Dad and she is 11. So I will stay up when I am 11." I was shocked that he had taken noticed, created the equation that would allow him to get what he wanted and then presented it months later.....way to go my little four year old!! He amazes me everyday with how much he is growing and understanding! I want time to slow down!!!! I am with them all the time and still I am missing so much, they are growing up before my eyes. Caleb is a little softy! He loves people and hates to see anyone upset. Rob was rough-housing with me and I did a pretend cry, Caleb jumped up from the breakfast table and brought me a blanket to snuggle! It was soo sweet. Austin hurt himself the other day and again Caleb brought a blanket and pacifier! ....I shouldn't leave the other two out of this as far as being thoughtful and loving...Caleb got his Molluscum burned off (again) and of course he was crying and screaming when it was happening, Austin started sympathy crying and buried his face in my shoulder. Braydon was patting him on the back saying "Caleb, you are doing such a good job! Good job Caleb!"....they are all very thoughtful. Caleb is also becoming more social! He is chatting up a storm! he is less in B's shadow and more on his own socially than before!! We have also been having conversations about "privacy", needing "private time", and keeping our "privates covered". Well Caleb is taking this matter very seriously but with all the new information coming it is a bit confusing. A scream from the bedroom last week, "mom, mom!" me- "what Caleb?" as I turn the corner into his bedroom where the scream is originating, Austin standing in the doorway and Caleb standing naked with his swimsuit just barely covering his junk. Caleb- "MOM!, Ausin almost saw my PRIVACY!!"... Austin is a MESS! He is climbing, jumping, running, spinning, you name it! He loves standing on the arm of the couch and falling onto the cushions (of course this is not allowed), The other day he stood on the back on the arm chairs and did a free fall onto the floor (covered in cushions). I almost had a heart attack while he was laughing in TimeOut. He has been on top of the bunk bed, dinning room table, sofas, counter tops, dresser.....The list goes on. And it only happens when I leave the room! I start dinner or go to the bathroom and that is his clue to start climbing and he is off! Aside from the climbing Austin is a great snuggler! When he wakes up early from a nap you can lay with him on the couch for 20-40minutes and he just snuggles and rubs his blanket on his cheeks! Some of my favorite times with him right now. He is also incredibly animated! He makes the funniest faces and gets the whole family laughing! He is the best final addition to our family I could have asked for. My men are my life and what a great life I have!!

No comments:

Post a Comment