Sunday, October 14, 2012
Dinosaur in the Fridge and Keys in my Shoe....
Hey peeps!
The Doane fam is back on the horn with stories for all. It has come to my attention that I do not blog enough and for that I apologize but in all fairness how many times can I tell you the crazy stuff that happens in this house without you starting to question the truth of it all. I know it is hard to believe and I live here! We will start nice and gentle with B..
Braydon is loving school but most of all loving Soccer. I get to be his coach again this season and we are having a lot of fun! He has four friends from school on his team so practice day is an all day conversation piece at school. He is VERY fast and so far is improving with his skills and ball work every week. We are having our first "social" issues with friends and kids not letting other kids play etc. It is interesting to see who B is gravitating to and why...seems like social rankings are already happening in Pre-K. So far I am nothing but proud of the situations he is telling me about at home and how he has been handling them, keep your fingers crossed he continues to think it is "cool" to be the nice kid in years to come. (As I talk about being nice, Caleb just walked up and double fist-punched B in the stomach...what?) Anyway, B is still keeping us on track and is walking the line of telling the truth/telling on his brothers and "forgetting" to tell when other things happen cause he may get in trouble.
Caleb..slow as molasses... marching to the pace of his own drum! AyeYayYay!! It takes him forever to do anything!! No matter if we are getting out of the car or walking down the street his world is a "no rush world" and has no concern with holding the group up. It could be an endearing quality but this week it has MAXed out my patients!! I mean somethings just have to get done efficently and holding Austin while waiting in the 100 degree weather for Caleb to slowly make his way out of the car is PAINFUL and half of my life right now!! "LETS MOVE IT LITTLE MAN!!" We walked to a garage sale 4 doors down yesterday and Austin (walking), Braydon and I were all home and inside when 3min later the door opens and Caleb has MADE IT HOME!! Really?? What exactly took him so long??? All I know is that I was out of encouraging words (those were all used up on the walk down to the sale) and "hold up boys, lets wait for your brother" had stopped being said after x10. Aside from being a bit polky his is an AMAZING brother, when playing "Family" with Braydon he is always willing to take on the unwanted role of "mom" while Braydon gets to be Dad, but he takes the part so the game can go on. When we get ready to leave the house Caleb always gets Austin's Crocs and helps him sit down while he puts them on him!
As I look into the family room with the boys dancing to "Jake and The Neverland Pirates", I am struck with another nickname for Caleb...Bunchy Britches. He has mastered all things potty training...minus his britches. At any point in time Caleb's undies (boxer breifs) are wadded up and sticking out the top of his shorts. Sometimes the waistband and all leg material can be found out the top of his shorts. As uncomfortable as it looks it certainly does not seem to bother him. He goes through life like this more often than not, and when Rob and I try to "straighten" him/it out he objects and keeps playing. You tell me...
(And for the record, Caleb and B just closed Austin in the garage. Rob and I heard a faint whimper and followed it to the garage...there was Austin wide eyed and bushy tailed wondering where his brothers had run off to)
Now Austin...I could fill a book with stories about Austin from the last four weeks. As the title of the blog suggests...yes, Austin is still putting things in crazy places, the Dinos in the fridge (actually freezer drawer) and then my keys were found in one of Rob's Crocs after a painful 30min search. Austin is in LOVE with toothpaste, he seems to think it is a snack pack that is to be sucked dry like the disposable Applesauce containers. After finding him sucking on the tube too many times in a row and once dipping his Toothbrush in the toilet, the boys no longer have their own access to any dental hygeine equiptment...now all tooth cleaning products are in my control. Did I mention that when I was getting ready one morning (before I had confinscated the TP and TB's) Austin had painted Devo with TP? Yep, the best part was that I had NO idea for hours. When I came out of the room Devo was alseep in her kennel so the TP went unnoticed. Then when we left, the boys locked the kennel and I didnt come in direct contact with her until the evening when I noticed all the white streaks on her fur....so I washed her off of course, but she smelled like peppermint for a whole week after that. (still want a dog Jess???)
So sure, "what is a little TP and misplaced toys?" you may ask....did I mention while at a stop light AJ threw his brand new Crocs out the window? And of course one bounced under the Tahoe so I am halfway under the car when the light turns green and horns start honking. Or did I tell you how he pulled a bag of bread off the counter and stepped on the loaf until it was a flattened heap of dough? Or maybe I will mention that he locked himself in the bedroom for 30 min the other day after nap time. Right, I forgot that I cleaned up a bowl of Rice Crispies that he had looked like he was taking to the sink, but actually detoured to the living room where he poured it all over the white ottoman, and if we are keeping to the cereal theme I will tell you how he emptied a box of Cheerios (crumb dust and all) onto B's bed and then covered it up with the comforter so we didn't find it until bedtime. Lets just say my vacuum (and other household items) have been through hell and we are only at 18mos! Wish us luck with this one!
Too bad he is soo stinkin cute and I find most of it funny (until I am late or can't get the stains out).
The best part of the last few weeks has been the Boys "attacking" their dad. I picked up a few Nerf guns awhile back and the other day the boys waged a full on war with Dad. Austin ran in and handed dad a little Nerf gun with a post-it that said "You are under Attack" then the boys with their "super semi-automatic Nerf guns" went into full fire mode!!! The boys were hiding behind walls, furniture, and tables...it was hilarious! Austin was in the middle of it all with his little Nerf getting pegged right and left laughing hysterically. I had set up a "re-load" tent under the table that the boys would run to in order to get their gear fixed or reloaded and then they were off again! It was an awesome Day....After the "war" was over Rob set up target practice that took he and B's attention for the rest of the evening.
It is kinda REALLY cool to be in a house with all Boys! Wish you were all here to enjoy this crew as much as Rob and I do!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am so grateful for your stories - you're helping this mommy of a little mister get ready for the crazy that is sure to come. it sounds like fun and it's a good thing you've got a sense of humor about it all :)
ReplyDelete