My Grocery Helper

My Grocery Helper

Ready to cheer for our little racer!

Ready to cheer for our little racer!

Movie time, snuggle up!

Movie time, snuggle up!

B did great!!!!

B did great!!!!

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Hello From Scottsdale

Hey guys!
How is everyone? We are doing great, who would have thought that in just two weeks we would feel so settled and welcome here in Scottsdale. The boys did amazing on the move, it was great to have a "time out" from life and get to hang with the Doane crew in Dallas. The drive was long but seemed longest for Rob and I. Dogs and boys were great! I LOVE THE HOUSE! Good pick Rob. We are moved in and life has started!

So to go back a few weeks, we took off from SA and headed to Dallas, we had a wonderful few days seeing family and visiting with old friends. Though it seemed like we were there a long time it also felt like we didn't get enough time with anyone :(

We drove out from Dallas and made it to the new house in two days. The boys were great road trip buddies and horrible roommates! I think the evenings in the hotels were what pushed Rob and I over the edge. The boys go to bed at 8 so that meant that Rob, the dogs and I were in bed by 8 and no one seemed to know what to do in a hotel room. The dogs acted like they had never been inside before and the kids seemed to have no idea what a bed was used for. Dogs were a JOKE. Moving all night, jumping up and off the beds, eating soap from the bathtub and more. The boys could not calm down. 8pm came and so did their energy levels. B was in bed with Rob and I was in bed with Cal, by 10pm Caleb was asleep (upside down and on my side). By 12am B was asleep also with me an also on my side. All I know next is that Devo, Caleb, Braydon and I are all sharing half of the queen bed and it is 3am. Devo is so in my face that I don't even have my own air to breath and the poor belly baby is being squashed by his oldest brother. Kids dogs and space all get re-distributed and things are great until about 5am when Rob wakes me telling me that Cal has a fever and is not doing good........
However it happened, we made it to the new house in time for the movers on Monday all sleep deprived and desperate to eat something other than takeout.

We are two weeks in, the house looks like a home, we feel settled and have really been able to get around the community and start planting seeds to make this place grow into a wonderful life over the next few years. B is enrolled at a WONDERFUL school down the street and I felt very lucky to find it (after much searching). He is also going to be staring his first little sports team in January and we are excited for him to meet some friends! Caleb is about a year to young to get enrolled in anything but we met a neighbor just yesterday who is his age and that will hopefully provide many a fun playdate. We have already mastered the Storytime hours at the Library (which is very impressive for a public library) as well as gotten to know all the great parks in the area. Next week, the zoo....

Thanksgiving is around the corner and we will be thinking of all of you! Rob is going to Fry the Turkey so it is going to be great!!! I will be posting more pics on Snapfish soon, till then miss you all and love you tons.

No comments:

Post a Comment