The Doanes got in on a Thursday and we kept them busy till they left on Monday. It was such a treat to have visitors and visitors that love your kids are the best! We had a great visit Friday and Sat and the Elwells' joined us Saturday afternoon for a couple of days of exploring AZ. We were lucky enough to have Mary here on her Birthday and the kids got pieces of cake that were about the size of their heads!!! (It was a special occasion, what can I say :) ) We went to a little cowboy town up in the mountains called Carefree where the boys (who have not let go of their horse obsession) each got a little stuffed horse with its own carrying bag. The idea and their love for them is more than impressive but I have to say it is a bit of a sight to have my two boys walking down the streets with what look like handbags......
We got a craigslist sandbox a while back and with a few modifications it has been the boys new favorite addition. We added an umbrella holder and a cover to keep the neighborhood cats out...it is perfect!!
B's school continues to impress me, I went to my first parent meetings last week and learned all about this years big fundraiser (PLEASE PARTICIPATE) I am in charge of selling 20 golf balls for the Golfballapallosa (sp). It is a big family event that ends with a golf ball drop. 3 golf balls fall into holes and those are the winners. Winner 1 gets 1k, Winner 2 gets and IPad and Winner 3 is yet to be determined. Golf balls are purchased for $20 each.....any takers???? Better than the info and learning my duty as a class mom. I met some other great moms and was invited to their playdates which we are very much looking forward to!
Here is the big one....POTTY TRAINING. I need to first thank Lauren for getting me through this time with B and I certainly did not have the appreciation at the time for the energy that it must have taken so Lauren...THANK YOU!
We decided to train Caleb very early, he is only 22 months and most people say to not train boys until around 3. Well for one I am stubborn, two B was not that difficult to train at 2.5 and lastly I really am hoping to not have two in diapers again.
All that being said I read this lady's book 3Day Potty Training that encourages potty training at 22 months and has major success stories, that and a friend having used the theory were enough to convince me. After all it is just 3days out of a lifetime right???
Well let me assure you it is NOT 3 days and even if it were it is 3days of HELL. I have been dribbled on, hosed, soaked, sprayed, splashed and I don't even know what else by urine in the past 3 days. This is Day 4 and I am holding on to my sanity by a thread. If this is the last blog you all receive from me you will at least have the answer to what "did me in". On top of that I am just hoping that Jessica is not reading this blog because it is going to be the biggest "I told you so" of our lives.
If there are to be more posts/blogs after this I will let you all know if progress has been made.
A few of my recent favorite moments have been: Braydon singing congrats songs to his brother (unprompted) every time he goes potty. It is soo sweet. Also, the boys playing non-stop!!! They are each other best little friends and with Caleb communicating more and more they are getting along great. Also, Caleb has about 4 words that you all have to hear him say on the next phone calls....he has such cute pronunciation...Helicopter, Socks, Shoes and Sticker.....these are my favorites. Lets see what else....oh, they are great helpers with their chores. They have to bring the laundry in from the bedrooms. Each hamper they have to bring in has two handles on it so they push them around the house till they eventually they get it to the laundry area. With one of them having to walk backwards it is always interesting to see what route they take to the kitchen as well as how long it takes them.... cute pics to follow.
Austin is great, no real news. All I know is his movements are less kicking and more elbow and knees so he is getting big!!
Rob is killing it at his job. In the last two months he has won some Major incentives so I can say we are now proud owners of an IPad.....Great job Rob!!! Per his usual he acts as though he is doing nothing outstanding but everything else says the contrary. We are so proud of him!!!
Miss you all.
No comments:
Post a Comment