Everything has been a whirlwind since getting home but all fun stuff. Braydon had Basketball the day we got back and did great. He loved it! School was the following Tuesday and he loved that too! I have to admit I was a little crestfallen about how that whole thing went down. I was expecting maybe a few tears or a sorrowful look goodbye when I left but instead he went right into the class, started playing and when I asked for a kiss goodbye he said "No, sorry, I am too busy right now" :( Caleb on the other hand, I had expected nothing from the goodbye of his brother and what I got was a two year old in hysterics for the 20minutes! I had taken his best friend from him and he was mad!! That morning he did not know what to do with himself. He followed me around like a little puppy dog. I cleaned the house, he held my sprays, took toys out of the tub, helped wipe down furniture with a dust rag. He was my little helper but was excited to give the position up with the return of big brother.
Day two of school went much better, I got a kiss and Caleb was able to wave goodbye and look forward to his own time for attention. This week was soccer and I have to say, B was REALLY good. I will give him a C at basketball but a definite A for soccer. Too bad that at the end of the practice he said he liked B-ball better and "when is that practice again?". Not for awhile. This weekend we have T-ball and I am pumped to see him play. We will also have visitors there to cheer him on as well. The Doanes will be in town!!
The count down is on, every morning when the boys wake up they ask how many more days till Grammie and Grampie....Today's answer got the best response so far (3 days seems very manageable to B) "mom, how many days now?" "Now we have 3 days Braydon" "THREE DAYS!! NO WAY!!!! Wow! that is NOT a lot of days mom!"
We are excited!!!!
Other than those two big things I have been able to score some friends from my Library time and today was the marking of the first playdate with them. It was a blast, we went to the Train Park and the kids played uninterrupted for nearly 2hours! We have had ppl over for dinner, met friends at the parks and now playdates. As I said, life is starting!!!
As for baby Austin, he is scheduled to arrive on March 8th! He seems to be doing great and in less than two months he will be here. Can't wait to meet you Austin.
Love to all.
No comments:
Post a Comment