My Grocery Helper

My Grocery Helper

Ready to cheer for our little racer!

Ready to cheer for our little racer!

Movie time, snuggle up!

Movie time, snuggle up!

B did great!!!!

B did great!!!!

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Hey from Cousin Camp!

Hey every body! Hope you are all doing great. We are having so much fun with the Burke family! The kids get along so well and they have all changed a ton just since Christmas so I am glad there has not been too much of a time gap. Caleb and Sammy are playing together more and more as they both grow out of that "individual play" stage and to be honest I think Sammy likes having a little "boys club" to be a part of here at the Doane house. Jess and I sit back and watch during the week at how they all kinda puff up at each other with little shoves, mean looks and grunts. Not much comes of it but all the same it seems pretty innate to them and it is fun to watch.

We made an effort to take pics of all the kids together and what you see before you on the blog is the only 2 good pictures of the 50 or so taken....so enjoy!

So now for a little recap... Jess has continued to be a huge help each and every day even going so far as to let Rob and I have a few Date Nights. Not having the cost of a sitter has been great! Braydon went to school and soccer this week and had a lot of fun! He is getting really good at soccer and I think he is feeling more and more confident at school....so much so that I had to stay after and talk to his teacher on Thursday about some "behavioral concerns". Awesome,....having a teacher request you stay to discuss a topic like this is the last thing any parent wants to hear. Turns out his "behaivor" needs to be adjusted during school hours so Rob and I are on his @$$ like you can only imagine.
On another Braydon note, he is HUGE! I just can not believe how tall he is. In all the pics I am struck by how old and big he looks! I just cant believe this is my first baby...and he is so old and independent.

He and Grace have had a great time together and talk about INDEPENDENT! They don't need us for anything! Jess and I are constantly commenting on what they can do on their own now and the really cool thing is that they talk to each other all day long. We are not really clear on what it is they discuss all day but at any time you can hear them chatting, laughing and negotiating about life. You got me on what they are talking about...but apparently 3yr old conversation is very stimulating.

I would also like to make the announcement that the Burkes have found a House (probably not my announcement to make)!! I am not quite clear on which of the many we have discussed that has become the winner but I know they are excited and they will be in Denver in June! Congrats, Burke fam!! The pics look fabulous and since it will be where my family spends much of their Colorado time I am thrilled to say, "I approve and it is gorgeous" :) .

Caleb..poor litte guy...went to the Doctor again this week and turns out he has yet another ear infection, Strep and muluscum. I have to tell you that hearing all of that really took the wind out of my sail. I feel like I have just gotten Ausitn healthy and here we are fighting another health battle. He is on a new medication for 2 weeks and if that does not do the trick we will be making an appointment with an ENT for tubes.....keep your fingers crossed it clears up!

Austin was the reason for the Dr. Appointment and I am thrilled to announce that he is doing great. He weighed 8.11 as of last Thursday so we are packing on the pounds and looking more and more healthy! He is doing great at night sleeping 3-4 hours at a time so going to bed at midnight means only one wake up a night! You dont hear me complaining!! He is also on formula exclusively now and though you would have been hard pressed to convince me, it has turned out to be the best thing for him.

Robs work is still taking up a crazy amount of his time but there have been some major break throughs that will prove more time at home in the long run. The hiring freeze he had has been partially lifted, "survey season" is over and his last survey went really well. The Holidays are obviously over and best of all he has learned all the new systems and feels he has a fairly strong grasp on Pheonix, its market, his roll and how he is going to make his impact! For what it is worth he seems less stressed and we look forward to having him around more.

We have had a great time with Friends here this last week and with each month that passes Rob an I are feeling more and more at home.

Look forward to all of your up coming visits and most of all THANK YOU all for the help with Austin, Calebs birthday gifts, baby gifts and care packages!!! THANK YOU, THANK YOU , THANK YOU!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment