My Grocery Helper

My Grocery Helper

Ready to cheer for our little racer!

Ready to cheer for our little racer!

Movie time, snuggle up!

Movie time, snuggle up!

B did great!!!!

B did great!!!!

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Great week here

All is well not much to report.

B has declared "too old" for his current and photographed undies. He feels that since he is going to be four (almost as big as daddy) he needs to get the long kind of undies...aka...boxer briefs. So at a trip to the store this week B got to graduate into "long undies". He is so proud. He is also really hooked on turning 4. Everyday he asks me if it is his Bday and then he gives me the list of things he wants when it is his 4th bday. "Four new race cars, cause I am gonna be Four". "And a race track so they can go supper fast", "and probably the new movie, that you have not seen yet mom and only me, my brother and my daddy knows how it goes....and not you cause you havent seen it yet"......and on and on and on.....but the theme is the same.....CARS!

Caleb and I got in a fight today that landed his stubborn butt in his room for two hours until he put shoes on that were NOT BOOTS. Now, let me say that I am not opposed to the boots and to be honest I feel I am very good about letting him wear them EVERYWHERE! Grocery store, Target, gym, friends houses, neighborhood, you name it but NOT the pool. We have done that once and I ended up carrying him screaming under one arm, with the baby carrier in the other (SWEATING like a crazy lady) all the way to the car cause "the boots hurt too much" (they were wet feet and he refuses socks). So we talked about it in depth that day and then today when we were gearing up to go back to the pool he threw a fit when I reminded him that boots were not allowed.....and you can piece the rest together....2 hours in his room....able to come out whenever he had shoes on that were not boots....me and B played a lot of card games in that two hours..... finally Caleb emerged splotchy and streaked from all the crying with one green Croc on the left foot and a flip flop on the right. "I am ready".....I rolled my eyes and we were off to the pool.

We spent a lot of time at the community pool this week and last, it has a beach like edge so the kids can walk in on their own and not ever get water over their chests. They are doing great! B loves to swim and hold his breath (without the vest) because he knows he can stand up whenever he needs to. Caleb is getting in....which is an improvement.

Austin had his 4mos check today. He is in the 97th percentile for everything and when I asked about his reflux I was told "not to worry...it doesn't seem to be effecting his weight." True but the LAUNDRY...!!! Ugh!!! He also got shots so with a dose of Tylonle to cut the fever he has been asleep for 5 hours. I can only imagine how that will backfire tonight but for now I am enjoying getting the house cleaned and playing with the older two.

Miss you guys!

Rob is in Cali for 3days and once again every phone call from him is talk of how perfect the weather is and how we HAVE to move there. We will see where things take us next but does he have to keep talking about the weather? It is 120 here.

No comments:

Post a Comment