Treasures, Treasures and more Treasures. Every morning B comes out with his "treasures", his box of cars. Caleb comes out with his....two stuffed horses and then goes back for his stick horse. These items accompany the boys through the house and the for the rest of the day. We continue to find treasures throughout the day ( a penny, piece of colored plastic, a mint from a restaurant) and anything that seems important to the 4ft and under club. These "treasures" get the privelage of being put in a pocket with a future that will most likely land them in the lint collector of my dryer but for the day, hour of minute they are a priceless must have!
Along with the treasures of stuffed horses Caleb has recieved his new boots! Thats right! We now have boots that dont fall off every time his feet come more than an inch off the ground. They are really cute and as we could have all imagined he loves them. They were worn to the public pool today and everywhere else for the last 72hours. He cried when I told him that boots can not take naps with us but that they can sit next to our beds for when we wake up (I am starting to worry about this kid). Just like the last pair, he wears them with no socks and in 120 degree weather we have had to up our bathing to an extra night a week just due to the foot odor...Awesome.
Though B loves his cars he got a bit jealous at Caleb's new boots so for the last few days I have had two horse riding maniacs in the house. B has dubbed himself "Cowboy Braydon". But every once in awhile the two of them will throw out their new cowboy names and asked to be referred to as "Cowboy Small" after a character in a book that we read. B also asked if we could go to the store today and get him and Caleb a Lasso. It went something like this..."Hey mom, I NEED to go to the store". "Why" I ask. "Cause I need one of those ropes that go in a circle so I can catch me some Cabs (calves)". "Well B, what store do you think we should go to to get you this Lasso?" I ask. "We need to go to the Target store or the Lowes store so Caleb and I can get our ropes and chaps cause we are Cowboy Small!"
We did not make it to the Target or Lowes store to get these items but he did ask that they be added to his birthday list. It was really cute. But then by 7pm this evening he was rejecting his brothers request to play Cowboy Small cause he was too busy with his cars.... I love these kids!
Austin is a HOUSE! He eats all the time and is loving solid foods! Actually it is the fruits that he loves! Rob came home yesterday to find me the food processor, all its parts, a small babyfood maker (I forgot we had) all covered in smashed bananas as I tried to start the process of "making all AJs food at home" we will see how long this last...probably as long as the cloth diapers did :)
We miss and love you all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment