We had a great week.
Caleb, Austin and I are having fabulous "us" time while B is at school. Boys are growing like crazy and Austin is once again full of announcements@
Braydon loves school and is doing wonderful! I met with his teacher the other day and she was very complimentary but also gave us some things we could work on at home. We have been practicing how to hold a pen, cutting and drawing at night...HE LOVES IT! and I am so impressed. Thanks to Jess, I know how to be pushing Caleb as well and he is drawing circles and making ladders (drawing them) like he has been doing it for years. Braydon is blessed with the ability to concentrate and stay focused "the patience of Jobe" according to GiGi and I have to agree. We will sit at the table and after about 10min Caleb is up and looking for something else to do. After 20min I am up looking for something else to do. After 25min Rob is throwing all sorts of other activity options at B to get him away from the table but B will just sit there forever perfecting what he is working on or asking for another letter to practice. You go kid!
Caleb....my little cowboy. He has been wearing his boots and spurs ever since we left the ranch. We talk to about 4 strangers a day because of those boots. The conversations always start with "Hey man I love your boots!" "tanks" Caleb replies and then the person looks at me for the story. I let them know there is no "story" he is a Cowboy, we wear them everyday, we have to leave our hat in the car or at home but he is a Cowboy! Caleb grins and walks off..spurs jingling. :) He loves being a Cowboy. For Halloween he wants to be a "commercialized cowboy" so he is going to be Woody. My girlfriend gave us the outfit but he was not taken with the onsie that had just a picture of a holster and bandana. So we are gonna be the real thing. We have the jeans, boots, spurs, and hat. I am making the cowhide vest and this week we got him holsters......and the fun began! The boys have been wearing them everyday and shooting "banging" as they call it, everything they see. Their favorite target is the dogs. They actually run!
On a side note. Caleb's boots got really dirty the other day and he said he would put on other shoes (cause I said I wouldn't clean them right then and that he had to wait). He walked away to get other shoes and I was shocked with how sad I was that he was not going to be in his boots. "what if this made him change his mind about the boots? What if he stopped wearing them all together..... Not an option!" I ran and cleaned the boots, handed them to him and they have been back on his feet for the last few days like they should be. Things are right at the Doanes
Austin is a rock star we have an upper middle tooth that has just came through. He is CRAWLING!!! That is right he is off, only 4 or 5 crawls but he gets where he wants when he wants to! He is also SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT! He is working hard and growing fast. We go to his 6mo check next week so I will keep you guys posted on how it goes.
Miss you all and love you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment